The Inaugural River Teeth Nonfiction Conference featured the panels and presentations of Robert Atwan, Jill Christman, Bob Cowser Jr., Valerie Due, Hope Edelman, Walt Harrington, Michelle Herman, Kate Hopper, Sonya Huber, Dan Lehman, Joe Mackall, Dinty W. Moore, Ana Maria Spagna, Ellen Stein Burbach, Diane Suchetka, and Sarah M. Wells.
From the first conference:
- Robert Atwan, Keynote Address
- Michelle Herman and Dinty W. Moore, "The Long and Short of the Essay"
- Jill Christman, Kate Hopper, Sonya Huber, and Sarah M. Wells, "Balancing Act: Motherhood and Writing"
- Bob Cowser, Jr., Sonya Huber, and Ana Maria Spagna, "The Public Side of Memoir"
- Walt Harrington, Dan Lehman, Ellen Stein Burbach, and Diane Suchetka, "At the Heart of the Story: What Literary Journalism Can Teach Nonfiction Writers"
- Hope Edelman, "Bruce Springsteen and the Story of Us"
- Joe Mackall and Ana Maria Spagna, "Strategies for Structure in a Book-Length Manuscript"
- Valerie Due and Sarah M. Wells, "Spreading the Word: Marketing and ePublishing"
- Hope Edelman, "Following the Breadcrumb Trail: How to Plot a Memoir from the Raw Material of Life"
- A Conversation with Robert Atwan: 25 Years of Best American Essays