Book Prize Guidelines
River Teeth's editors and editorial board conduct a yearly national contest to identify the best book-length manuscript of literary nonfiction. All manuscripts are screened by the co-editors of River Teeth. The winner will receive $1,000 and publication by The University of New Mexico Press.
All entrants receive a one-year subscription to River Teeth with their submission fees.
Deadline for Submissions: October 31, 2016
Final Judge: Andre Dubus III
- Manuscripts must be between 150-400 pages long.
- Manuscripts must be double-spaced.
- On Anonymity: The editors make every effort to screen manuscripts without bias of identifying author details; however, because the contest is nonfiction, it is not always possible to eliminate identifying characteristics about the author from the manuscript. Therefore, please avoid including your name in the header or footer of the manuscript, but otherwise do not fret too much over anonymity.
- By submitting to the River Teeth Literary Nonfiction Contest, you understand that if your manuscript is chosen as the winner of the contest, it will be published with The University of New Mexico Press.
- Self-published works will be considered but please submit these in manuscript format only.
Electronic Submission Guidelines:
- Entries may be submitted online through Submittable.
- Online submission fee is $27 (to cover credit card transaction fees – think of this as replacing postage, paper, and envelope)
Hard-Copy Submission Guidelines:
- Include a title page with title only as well as a cover page with title and contact information.
- $25 contest fee
- Mail entries to:
River Teeth Book Prize
401 College Avenue
Ashland, OH 44805
Please direct all questions to email@example.com.