The River Teeth Nonfiction Conference
will not be held this year.
Due to a calendar conflict with another popular nonfiction event, we will not be having our conference this year. We plan to be back in action in 2018 though.
Our conference takes place in rustic Ashland, Ohio, beginning on a Friday night and ending on a Sunday evening in late May / early June.
The weekend includes formal and informal interaction with other creative nonfiction writers, including highly published instructors who love to share their insight and help others through the writing process, from early draft all the way through to book promotion. The conference generally draws 50-60 participants which makes for a personalized, but varied experience.
- Two full days of panel presentations by highly published writers
- Optional one-on-one essay or book-length manuscript consultations with our panelists.
- Keynote readings by CNF rock stars like Robert Atwan, Philip Gerard, Rebecca McClanahan, Brenda Miller, Dinty W. Moore, Elena Passarello, Scott Russell Sanders, Cheryl Strayed, and Jerald Walker
- Meals and other social gatherings with fellow writers from all over the region.
- Student scholarships available to undergraduate or graduate school writers
- Choice of affordable shared campus housing or off campus housing
Presentations from past year's are available on our Conference Archives page.
To get the scoop on 2018 conference news and other River Teeth events, sign up for our newsletter.